Data Analyst Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for someone to work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC). The person will assist the Protected Species Branch with research projects, focusing on bycatch studies of marine mammals and sea turtles.
The research projects may include topics such as:
- Investigating the effect of different fisheries observer protocols on bycatch rates.
- Improving and streamlining the bycatch estimation processes.
- Contributing to the calculation of annual gillnet and trawl bycatch estimates.
- Exploring the impact of achieving a 30% coefficient of variation on sea turtle bycatch estimates.
The position is full-time and eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website. The rate of pay is $31-34/hr, and the position is expected to last approximately one year.
- A Master's degree or higher in Marine Biology or a related field.
- Expertise in applying statistical methods to the biological sciences.
- Proficient with statistical programming languages such as SAS and R
- Some familiarity with commercial fisheries of the Northwest Atlantic.
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.