Administrative Assistant Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for an Administrative Assistant to work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center in Woods
The Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) is the
research component of NOAA NMFS for the Northeast Region. The Administrative Assistant will work with NEFSC administrators and scientists, providing administrative services in support of the Protected Species Branch.
administrative assistant takes responsibility for:
- Utilizing NOAA’s E2travel database
system to create all domestic and foreign travel authorizations and
vouchers prior to signature, and troubleshooting travel and
- Maintaining files for the Branch
Chief and staff. Maintaining and updating manuals,
handbooks, periodicals, etc., in accordance with applicable regulations
- Working effectively using IT
resources, following applicable IT policies and procedures such as
security and appropriate use policies.
- Making travel/lodging arrangements
and preparing travel authorizations/vouchers as necessary.
- Processing timekeeping records
accurately; acting as backup timekeeper when necessary.
- Preparing and processing training
- Composing letters/memos used in
routine day-to-day business.
- Formatting letters, reports,
forms, etc. using various types of software.
- Attending staff meetings, taking
and distributing official meeting minutes, assigning and tracking action
items as needed.
- Performing other administrative
duties as needed to support the Branch.
Skills and Abilities
successful candidate will have these qualities:
ability to learn and to follow administrative policies, procedures, and
precedents, including filing systems.
- Experience with travel database
systems and routing protocols.
- Ability to make travel
arrangements for clients.
- Familiarity with time and
attendance systems, and ability to train others if needed.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently in
preparing memos in official formats for signature.
- Familiarity with financial concepts, budgeting, and expenditure tracking.
- Well organized team player who can
also work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to to follow through complex tasks to completion, and to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
ability to interact well with multiple users to defuse or resolve
- A skills test may be administered.
administrative assistant should have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- A minimum of five years experience
In lieu of a high
school diploma or the total experience requirement, relevant experience,
technical school, college courses or other credentials may be substituted based
on depth, breadth and relevance to project management or information technology
The position is full-time, and the position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website. The rate of pay is $17-18/hr, and the initial period of performance is one year.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.