Integrated Statistics is looking for someone to provide reception and
security support for NOAA in the Falmouth Technology Park. The
receptionist/security support person welcomes visitors to the site,
monitors for security, performs administrative tasks, and assists with
other tasks as required.
- Managing visitor traffic flow in and out of the facility.
- Ensuring that cars are parked, identified, and registered correctly in the work log.
- Providing prompt and professional responses to visitor
questions and concerns, while maintaining poise and self-control under
stress and in emergencies.
- Collecting and documenting visitor statistics and maintaining the visitor log.
- Answering the main phone line, taking reservation requests for
conference rooms and vehicles, assisting with document production,
managing simple databases, and preparing mailings.
- Learning about the Observer Program, and then giving a basic introduction and orientation to the building.
- Assisting with shipping, receiving, and/or delivering packages and mail.
- Maintaining records on Government vehicles (GOVs), including
maintenance, proper upkeep, tally of fuel receipts, tracking mileage,
and usage reports.
- Property management and recordkeeping tasks using life cycle asset management systems for data input, editing, correction, updating, reconciling, and reporting.
- Detecting suspicious activity around the building and reporting it expeditiously through the established procedures.
- Helping to prepare emergency response materials and training aids to prepare employees in the facility for emergencies.
- Monitoring severe weather events and keeping the facility supervisor informed.
- Assisting Fisheries Sampling Branch staff in ensuring that all
visitors have left the building and that public entryways are secure at
the end of public hours.
The successful candidate has these qualifications:
This position is full-time. The rate of pay is $17.00/hr, and the
position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated
Statistics website. To apply for this position, please visit www.integratedstatistics.com
and click on Employment Opportunities. In the list of jobs, click the
job name to see the full description. Clicking the Apply Here link
starts the application process.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not
discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age,
color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal,
state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law,
Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to
employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled
individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and
other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of
applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the
Integrated Statistics office.
- Fluent in English (reads, speaks, and writes English fluently).
- Holds a valid driver's license.
- Holds a current CPR and First Aid certification (Red Heart
Association or equivalent); First-Responder Certification is preferred.
- Can lead staff members through emergency response drills, such as a fire drill or shelter-in-place.
- Has training in self-defense and conflict resolution.
- Is in good health and physically fit; able to lift 30 pounds and climb ladders.
- Can perform small repairs around the building and report maintenance needs to the proper authorities.
- Can successfully operate computer, printers, fax machines.
- Is knowledgeable and experienced with Microsoft Office software, and can learn new computer-based systems.