Communications Assistant Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Communications Assistant to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) located in Milford, CT.
This person will assist in developing and disseminating communications materials regarding aquaculture science accomplishments and activities, and assisting in the preparation of communications of science accomplishments and activities conducted in the Aquaculture Sustainability Branch (ASB) and the Aquaculture Systems and Ecology Branch (ASEB) at the Milford NOAA lab.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Drafting or assisting in the drafting of articles on aquaculture science.
- Assisting in updating information on the ASE and ASEB webpages.
- Supporting the work of the NEFSC Communications Working Group.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Bachelor's degree with four (4) years of experience, or master's degree with two (2) years of experience; degree and experience must be directly related to communications, marketing, new media, public relations, or a similar field.
- Demonstrated proficient in using communications tools such as Microsoft Office, web site management and social media tools, etc.
- Work experience in communicating research activities and accomplishments via popular outlets such as newspapers, social media, videos, etc.
The position is full-time, with an expected duration of 4-6 months. The rate of pay will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. The position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- Educational background includes biological sciences.
- Specific experience in communicating activities and accomplishments in aquaculture industry or in research.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.