Environmental Specialist Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for an Environmental Specialist to work with National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NFMS) Greater Atlantic Regional Field Office (GARFO) in Gloucester, MA.
The Environmental Specialist will support the NMFS GARFO, Protected Resources Division (PRD), which is responsible for implementation of the Endangered Species Act (ESA) and Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA) covering the geographic range from Maine to Virginia.
This position is concerned with regulatory and analytical processes, rather than with field research.
The Environmental Specialist will take responsibility for these tasks:
assistance to the energy team
on section 7 consultations
related to the effects of
energy projects on ESA listed
species such as North Atlantic
right whales and Atlantic and
letters of concurrence,
sections of biological
opinions, and literature
- Responding to
requests for information from
action agencies such as FERC,
NRC, and BOEM and assisting in
The Environmental Specialist should possess:
The position is expected to last approximately one year. The rate of pay is $29/hr, and the position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, Environmental Science, or a closely related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the requirements of the Administrative Procedure Act, National Environmental Policy Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, Endangered Species Act, and other applicable statutes and policies.
- Work experience in the implementation of Federal rule development and environmental impact statements.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, and to meet appropriate project milestones.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.