Database Project Manager - Electronic Monitoring Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Database Project Manager to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS).
The Database Project Manager will help to develop and analyze Electronic Monitoring (EM) program database requirements. EM is an exciting new tool that is at the forefront of efforts to modernize fisheries monitoring. Staff working on this project are passionate about service to fishery stakeholders, innovation, and collaboration.
The Project Manager will work on software for the Northeast Fisheries
Science Center (NEFSC), Greater Atlantic Regional Field Office (GARFO), and a variety of other stakeholders. NOAA NMFS collects
fishery data by sampling onboard commercial
fishing vessels from Maine to North Carolina, USA. The collected data is tracked, edited, audited and uploaded to a
master database, then provided to end users and stakeholders for use in fisheries management decision
The database project manager will work under the direction of the EM Lead, taking responsibility for managing specific aspects of the EM programs, including: supervising EM software and database personnel; interacting with EM project partners; and collaborating with relevant staff to prepare program database specification documentation. Through these actions, the database project manager will support multiple growing EM programs while ensuring control, security, integrity and accessibility and dissemination of data.
The position requires highly developed project management skills and experience with database development. The database program manager must have:
The position is full-time for one year. The Database Project Manager should be prepared to work on-site in Falmouth, MA. The rate of pay is commensurate with experience, and the position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- Significant experience directing team efforts and supervising the work of others.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility between tasks.
- Flexibility and patience to lead a team within an organization that is geographically dispersed.
- Familiarity with modern project management techniques and software (e.g., JIRA by Atlassian).
- Ability to implement and integrate security standards set by the NOAA/NMFS/Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and implemented by NEFSC’s DMS Division.
- Ability to facilitate interactions among team members with diverse skill sets.
- Substantive experience supporting program development through integrated project work group meetings and system reviews for quality and performance.
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing Oracle database systems.
- Familiarity with commonly used programming languages such as PHP or PL/SQL.
- Experience ensuring the security, integrity and availability of confidential data streams.
- Ability to bridge the needs of management and developers in providing quick resolutions during critical production issues with performance related resolutions.
- Willingness to develop a deep knowledge of the Northeast region’s fisheries.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- While not required, familiarity with fisheries management and policy issues related to monitoring is a plus.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.