API Developer - Electronic Monitoring Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for an API Software Developer to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC).
The API Developer's task is to design and maintain APIs that allow fishery data to be accepted by agency databases and database-driven systems. The use of Electronic Monitoring (EM) programs to gather fishery data is growing, and the API Developer will work on ensuring control, security, integrity and accessibility of EM data.
The developer will be responsible for managing the ingestion of data from EM data streams, ensuring that they are seamlessly integrated with existing fisheries-dependent data. The developer will also help to update the existing Vessel Electronic Reporting (VERs) web portal.
The API Developer must have:
The position is full-time for one year. The API Developer should be prepared to work on-site in Falmouth, MA. The rate of pay is commensurate with experience, and the position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing, creating and developing APIs (CSV and JSON-based) that interface with Oracle database systems (11g and 12c).
- Demonstrated proficiency in designing, creating and developing GUIs using Oracle Application Programming Express (APEX) that interface with Oracle database systems (11g and 12c).
- Ability to orchestrate data ingestion in ways that reduce performance related issues and help to ensure high data standards are achieved.
- Strong programming and development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers, etc.) as well as PHP or other appropriate programing experience.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management in multiple environments, and different stages of the development life cycle.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility between tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team to define and refine user requirements.
- Ability to implement and integrate security standards set by the NOAA/NMFS/ Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and implemented by NEFSC's DMS Division.
- Ability to ensure performance, security, integrity and availability of databases.
- Ability to participate in integrated project work group meetings, data modeling, code reviews, and system reviews for quality and performance.
- Demonstrated skill in working with management and developers in providing quick resolutions during critical production issues with performance related resolutions.
- Experience with data backup, data recovery, data dictionaries, and data standardization processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.