Section 508 Compliance Specialist - Part Time Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Section 508
Compliance Specialist to provide support services to the National
Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Northeast Fisheries
Science Center Science (NEFSC), in Woods Hole, MA. This person will
provide Section 508 compliance implementation
The compliance duties include these tasks:
- Provide early intervention with authors as they begin document preparation.
- Serve as a Help Desk for document developers.
- Assist in developing FAQs and “How-Tos” to supplement existing training materials.
- Work with authors to resolve issues and finalize copy.
- Review final Microsoft Word and Adobe pdf files of each product for 508 compliance.
- Assist as requested with converting existing documents to 508 compliant versions as part of web transition.
The position is expected to last for one year. Because the position is part-time, the work schedule may be somewhat flexible. The rate of pay is $20-21/hr.
with Section 508 compliance requirements and their application to
scientific literature in MS Word and Adobe Acrobat formats.
- Demonstrated capability in developing 508-compliant documents in both MS Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, willing to learn new software.
- A basic understanding of biology and/or marine science, particularly fisheries science and fisheries oceanography is desirable.
- Familiarity with Rmarkdown is a plus; may need to learn to edit copy within RStudio.
- Web development skills are helpful.
Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color,
disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by
federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under
federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative
action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities,
disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam
era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of
applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the
Integrated Statistics office.