Database Project Manager Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Database Project Manager to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS). NOAA NMFS collects fishery data by sampling onboard commercial fishing vessels from Maine to North Carolina, USA. The collected data is tracked, edited, audited and uploaded to a master database, then provided to end users and stakeholders for use in fisheries management decision making.
The Database Project Manager will oversee and manage the modernization of existing observer databases and supporting structure and schemas. Major tasks include:
Qualifications and Skills
- Planning, design and implementation of new database structures.
- Migration of extensive legacy data, critical for maintaining a 30 year time series.
- Integration of new data streams like dockside/portside monitoring, electronic monitoring, and pre-trip notifications.
- Working closely with stakeholders, users, and both federal and contract staff to achieve timely results.
- Implementing and integrating security standards set by the NOAA/NMFS/ Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and implemented by NEFSC's DMS Division.
- Ensuring performance, security, integrity and availability of databases.
- Supporting application development through integrated project work group meetings, data modeling, code reviews, and system reviews for quality and performance.
- Working with management and developers in providing quick resolutions during critical production issues with performance related resolutions.
- Coordinating resources/activities for multiple projects to facilitate execution. Monitoring and tracking the progress of all projects to ensure that all projects are on-time and within scope.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation and communication plans.
- Providing regular status reports to FSB/DMS project teams and leadership.
The Database Project Manager must:
The position is full-time with a rate of pay of $55 - $75/hour. The position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- Possess demonstrated experience in leading a team of IT professionals, providing strong leadership, direction, organization, guidance, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess demonstrated proficiency in designing, creating and developing Oracle database systems (11g and 12c).
- Possess experience in code migration, database change management, and data management in multiple environments and different stages of the development life cycle.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility between tasks.
- Be capable of working as part of a team to define and refine user requirements.
- Possess experience with data backup, data recovery, data dictionaries, and data standardization processes.
- Possess experience with project management tools such as Agile, JIRA, etc.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.