Ecologist - Invasive Species Assessment Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for an Ecologist to work with the US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) in Anchorage, Alaska. This person will assist the FWS Alaska Region’s Invasive Species Team and our partners in drafting a Programmatic Environmental Assessment document for controlling/eradicating invasive plants that are in or could be transported to Alaska.
The Ecologist should possess:
- A Bachelor's degree in biology, wildlife management, natural resource management, environmental sciences, or a related field.
- At least two years of professional work experience in the degree field, or a closely related field.
- Familiarity with Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to invasive species control/eradication and application of pesticides, such as the National Environmental Policy Act, Endangered Species Act, and Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act.
- Knowledge of the principles of the detection, removal, and monitoring of invasive species and a broad knowledge of a variety of biological disciplines as related to natural habitat management, ecology, invasive species prevention, control and eradication strategies and methodologies, including chemical, mechanical, and biological control.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word to develop large formal documents.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience in coordinating groups of people, including sharing pertinent information effectively with others.
- Demonstrated ability to collate information from multiple sources and present the result in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage timelines and to produce materials in a timely manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
A writing sample is required. Please append it to your cover letter when you upload your application materials.
The position is expected to last eight months, and the rate of pay is $28-30/hr, depending on qualifications and experience. The position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.