Data Analyst/Modeler Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Data Analyst/Modeler to support the National Wildlife Refuge System (NWRS) Inventory and Management Branch. NWRS is the world’s premier system of public lands and waters set aside to conserve America’s fish, wildlife, and plants. The Inventory and Monitoring (I&M) branch supports NWRS data management and natural resource planning, ensuring the long-term integrity of data products that can inform sound management decisions for Alaska refuges.
The Data Analyst/Modeler acts as the data management technician for Alaska I&M and refuges. The specific duties include:
- Supporting the I&M databases that catalog the species presence on the refuge (with metadata), store refuge literature, datasets, protocols, etc, and index all refuge surveys.
- Supporting data management for refuge planning processes.
- Working with refuge biologists to create and edit project and data product metadata records for inventory and monitoring surveys.
- Assisting with other data-related duties for the Branch, as assigned.
The Data Analyst/Modeler produces these deliverables:
Qualifications and Skills
- Vetted list of vertebrate and invertebrate species for each Alaska refuge.
- Organized data and documents for refuge planning processes.
- Project and product metadata records for refuge surveys.
- Documentation of data management approaches and processes.
The Data Analyst/Modeler must possess:
- Educational qualifications that show a developed understanding
of ecological principles and scientific method, such as a
Bachelor's degree in natural resource management or ecology.
- Work experience in database management, data development, and
- Demonstrated skills in data management, QA/QC, and data entry.
- Demonstrated SQL and R language skills.
- Strong organizational skills, particularly in terms of file
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
These skills are desirable, but not required:
The position is full-time and is expected to last one year, and the rate of pay is $24/hr. The position will begin with a period of remote work to accommodate pandemic restrictions.
- Understanding of scientific and natural resource management work flows.
- Knowledge and understanding of Alaskan ecosystems.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.