Ecologist - Communications/Documentation Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for an Ecologist to work with the US Fish and Wildlife Service in Alaska. The position supports the Science Applications program's work of organizing and promoting the work of the Service’s Alaska region.
The Ecologist provides support in the following tasks:
- Evaluate current materials, participate in meetings and workshops, and research relevant topics to support the program with outreach and education, for internal (primary) and external audiences.
- Enhance the outreach strategy for Alaska regional initiatives, which include collaborative conservation, climate change and data management.
- Develop engaging and creative materials and approaches to communicating about priority initiatives or topics, within the Service and to our partners.
- Develop new materials in both paper and electronic media, with corresponding strategy as needed.
- Provide support at meetings including preparing materials, facilitating, and taking notes.
- Produce quarterly reports that document progress and identify upcoming tasks.
The successful candidate will possess:
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science or another closely related field.
- Formal training and/or work experience in education or public outreach/communication, scientific writing, and the use of a variety of media platforms.
- Specialized education or experience in conservation, climate change, or wildlife biology is a plus.
The Ecologist will possess:
The position begins on November 1, 2021 and continues for one year. The position is full time and eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website. The position will begin with a period of remote work.
- Understanding of common ecological concepts.
- Knowledge of management issues related to natural resources.
- Skill in written communication and preparation of reports and outreach materials.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with a wide variety of audiences. A writing sample will be required.
- Track record of success in working independently to create timely deliverables.
- Skill in use of SharePoint, Teams, and other software tools, to invent, develop, and organize varied communications materials.
- US citizenship or green card.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.