Database Developer - Electronic Monitoring Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Database Developer to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC). NOAA NMFS collects fishery data by sampling onboard commercial fishing vessels from Maine to North Carolina, USA. The collected data is tracked, edited, audited and uploaded to a master database, then provided to end users and stakeholders for use in fisheries management decision making.
The Database Developer will support the NEFSC and Greater Atlantic Regional Fisheries Office (GARFO) Electronic Monitoring (EM) programs. EM uses equipment such as video cameras to capture information on fishing location and catch.
The developer will work closely and cooperatively with federal system programmers and application developers to develop and analyze program requirements, preparing documentation and specifications. The developer will design, migrate, upgrade and maintain databases and database-driven systems. The developer will work with the region’s EM growing data needs and automate data intake and analysis. The developer will support multiple servers and databases of high complexity with a large-scale user base, ensuring control, security, integrity and accessibility of data. The developer will design and implement database procedures and complex queries to retrieve data for different needs of the users.
The developer must:
- Demonstrate proficiency in designing, creating and developing Oracle database systems (11g and 12c).
- Possess the ability to manage large datasets, query, extract, and organize data in useful ways to reduce performance related issues.
- Have strong programming and development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batch coding skills.
- Have experience in code migration, database change management and data management in multiple environments and different stages of the development life cycle.
- Possess the ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility between tasks.
- Be capable of working as part of a team to define and refine user requirements.
- Implement and integrate security standards set by the NOAA/NMFS/ Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and implemented by NEFSC's DMS Division.
- Have a track record of ensuring performance, security, integrity and availability of databases.
- Be able to support application development through integrated project work group meetings, data modeling, code reviews, and system reviews for quality and performance.
- Possess the ability to work with management and developers in providing quick resolutions during critical production issues with performance related resolutions.
- Possess experience with data backup, data recovery, data dictionaries, and data standardization processes.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
The position is full-time for one year. The Database Developer should be prepared to work on-site in Falmouth, MA. The rate of pay is commensurate with experience, and the position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.