Maintenance Mechanic Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a maintenance mechanic to support
general maintenance and facility operations including plumbing,
electrical, HVAC and equipment operations at a NOAA facility in Milford, CT. We
are looking for someone with the ability, knowledge, practical skills,
and years of experience to provide general maintenance and repair
- Plumbing –
troubleshoot, repair, and replace operating systems, pumps, domestic
water supply, filters, heating, and lavatory equipment.
– troubleshoot, repair, and replace electric motors, electrical
receptacles, wires, switches, lighting fixtures, bulbs and ballasts.
- Heating and Air Conditioning – change system filters, fan belts, and replace blower motors.
Operation – demonstrated skill and knowledge in fork truck operation,
maintenance hand tools, table saw, band saw, bench grinder, drill press.
- Problem Solving - Inspect and diagnose problems and figure out the best way to correct them. Read blueprints or diagrams.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly Preventative Maintenance
(PM) on electrical, plumbing, Support and HVAC&R systems.
position is full-time and the hours are expected to be 40/week with
required availability at weekends, holidays, and overtime as follows:
- Five years of experience with general maintenance mechanic duties (three must be with commercial equipment) are required.
- Successful completion of high school or trade school is required.
license - plumber, HVAC, or electrician is highly desired, though
equivalent documented work experience may be considered.
with laboratories, manufacturing, hospitals, high volume seawater,
water treatment, and marine/shipboard systems is a plus.
electrical requirement: minimum of 3-5 years knowledge in
208volt/3phase motor controls, switches, motor starters,
lock-out-tag-out, familiar with NEC.
- Experience in monitoring, installing, and recovering refrigerants in accordance with EPA standard is a plus.
- Experience in plumbing, mechanical, and pipe fitting systems (install, repair, and maintain according to manufacturers
specifications and national codes).
- Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a GSA vehicle are required.
- Meet all National Agency Check and Inquiries requirements and successfully pass security and background checks.
capable of standing for long periods of time, bending and lifting
object up to 50 pounds, performing maintenance work on ladders up to 24
feet, and working in environmental temperatures ranging from -10 degrees
F to + 90 degrees F.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems, and also to recognize when a job is above their skill level.
- Ability to use computers to complete reports and also work with electronic systems.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
Ability to work in a team environment with
professional interface to ensure satisfactory customer service and results.
Compensation: depends on experience and qualifications. The position is
eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics
- Can be contacted after normal working hours for emergency operational responses.
- Weekend/holiday security and operational checks on a rotational basis.
- Overtime requirement: two weekends per month, 2 hrs per weekend day.
- Carry an on-call beeper on a rotational basis.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer
and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis
of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion,
sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by
federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under
federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative
action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities,
disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam
era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of
applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the
Integrated Statistics office.