Network Administrator Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Network Administrator to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC). The Network Administrator will work closely and cooperatively with federal Infrastructure branch staff in maintaining the NEFSC’s computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades, and monitoring network performance. This person will work on-site in one of these locations: Orono ME, Woods Hole MA, Narragansett RI, Milford CT, or Sandy Hook NJ.
QualificationsThe Network Administrator must:
- Possess the ability to handle multiple network projects and deadlines with flexibility between tasks.
- Be capable of working as part of a team to define and refine network requirements.
- Have a track record of ensuring performance, security, integrity, and availability of networks.
- Possess expert-level knowledge and experience in networking, and demonstrated ability to implement the network system life cycle.
- Possess experience and skills in these areas:
- implementing and integrating network security standards set by the NOAA/NMFS/Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and implemented by NEFSC’s DMS Division.
- working with local area networks, their components, tools and procedures.
- working with firewalls, routers, switches, wireless, Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Domain Name Systems (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- securing local networks and their components to prevent unauthorized access, misuse and modification.
- analyzing network traffic patterns, monitoring performance, and performing diagnostics to troubleshoot network problems (e.g., outages).
- Demonstrate at least a working knowledge of Voice over IP (VOIP) technology.
- Be able to develop and implement network configuration management plans to create standards, track network changes and provide up to date network documentation.
- Be capable of evaluating and recommending network hardware and software, skilled in installing
and configuring network hardware, and in applying network software fixes and upgrades.
- Be able to establish network connections, define network policies and procedures, evaluate network performance issues (including availability, utilization and latency), and plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of IT equipment.
- Be able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
The position is full-time for one year. The Network Administrator
should be prepared to work on-site in Woods Hole, MA. The rate of pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and the position is eligible for the
benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color,
disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity,
sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by
federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under
federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative
action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities,
disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam
era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of
applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the
Integrated Statistics office.