Human Resources Assistant Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Human Resources Assistant to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS). The person will assist Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC) Human Resources staff with HR transactional actions as well as providing administrative support to various HR programs.
The HR Assistant's tasks include:
- Processing a wide range of human resources transactions related to recruitment and placement, classification, human resource development, and/or incentive awards.
- Processing actions by verifying personnel action request data processing entries: e.g., resignations, terminations, leave without pay, position and pay changes, reassignments, promotions, changes to lower grade, changes in job titles, occupational codes, position numbers, organizational data, etc.
- Responding to non-technical and limited technical inquiries.
- Preparing a variety of guides in support of the processing and management of personnel items and taskers.
- Receiving and reviewing incoming and outgoing information; evaluating requirements for coordination and assigning to appropriate office(s).
- Supporting the processing of various HR actions, such as creating, copying, editing, calculating, revising, retrieving, storing, and printing a wide range of documents for final form.
- Using personnel systems, word processing and/or other office automation equipment and various software programs to create, copy, scan, edit, store, retrieve and print a variety of documents.
- Performing additional administrative, clerical and HR support-related duties as necessary.
The HR Assistant should possess:
The position is expected to last one year. The rate of pay will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- High School diploma or satisfying the total experience requirement, relevant work experience, technical school, college courses, or other credentials may be substituted based on depth, breadth, and relevance to subject matter.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and/or other office productivity software.
- Successful organization and time management skills.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.