Data Manager Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Data Manager to work in support of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric
Administration (NOAA) National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Northeast
Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC).
The Data Manager will assist with providing IT support services to the Northeast Fisheries Science Center, working with federal system application developers and database system owners to manage and organize data to ensure data quality, produce data products for presentation, and support applications. This person will be responsible for managing multiple complex data systems across several Oracle database servers.
The Data Manager will work on-site in one of these locations: Orono ME, Woods Hole MA, Narragansett RI, Milford CT, or Sandy Hook NJ.
Skills and Qualifications
The Data Manager must:
The position is expected to last approximately one year. Pay is commensurate with experience and qualifications, and the position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- Possess proficiency and knowledge of Oracle database systems (11g and 12c).
- Demonstrate proficiency in SQL.
- Have a track record of successfully managing large datasets, querying, extracting, and organizing data in useful ways to reduce performance related issues and create data products for end users and system owners.
- Possess knowledge and skill in reviewing and analyzing data to validate query results.
- Be capable of performing database updates consistent with the quality control established by the owner.
- Have experience in providing database support by responding to user questions and resolving problems.
- Possess demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility between tasks.
- Be capable of working as part of a team to understand user requirements.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with developers and system owners to provide quick resolutions during critical production issues with performance related resolutions.
- Be able to implement and integrate security standards set by the NOAA/NMFS/ Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) and implemented by NEFSC's DMS Division.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.