Temporary Biologist/Ecologist - ESA Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for a Temporary Biologist to work with the US Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) office in Lacey, WA.
The Biologist will support the Consultation and Conservation Planning Division (CCP), working primarily on the implementation of USFWS responsibilities under Sections 7 and 10 of the Endangered Species Act (ESA).
The tasks include:
Qualifications and Skills
- Working with land owners and other non-federal entities, providing technical assistance on their development of Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs).
- Completing tasks associated with informal and formal Section 7 consultations, including managing database records associated with assigned consultations
- Attending CHP branch and CCP division meetings.
- Assisting with additional tasks assigned by the CHP branch manager.
A Master's or PhD is preferred, but a Bachelor's degree with applicable experience will be considered. The degree(s) subject must be wildlife ecology and management, landscape or conservation biology, population ecology, or fisheries biology.
In addition to formal training the Biologist should possess:
The position is full-time, with an expected duration of 20 weeks. Compensation is $30/hour, depending on education and experience. The position is eligible for the benefits described on the Integrated Statistics website.
- Demonstrated experience in working on Section 7 and 10 projects.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience preparing and reviewing ESA and NEPA compliance documents.
- Professional knowledge of conservation issues of the Pacific Northwest.
- An understanding of management and conservation actions that support the recovery of federally listed species.
- Ability to work both individually and as a member of a team.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and positive interactions with a variety of FWS partners and stakeholders.
Integrated Statistics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications, posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics office.