Environmental Specialist Needed
Integrated Statistics is looking for an Environmental Specialist to
work with National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) Greater Atlantic Regional Field
Office (GARFO) in Gloucester, MA.
Environmental Specialist will support the NMFS GARFO, Protected
Resources Division (PRD), which is responsible for implementation of the
Endangered Species Act (ESA) and Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA)
covering the geographic range from Maine to Virginia.
This position is concerned with regulatory and analytical processes, rather than with field research.
The Environmental Specialist will take responsibility for these tasks:
assistance to the energy team
on Section 7 consultations
related to the effects of
energy projects on ESA listed
species such as North Atlantic
right whales and Atlantic and
letters of concurrence,
sections of biological
opinions, and literature
- Responding to
requests for information from
action agencies such as FERC,
NRC, and BOEM and assisting in
The Environmental Specialist should possess:
position is expected to last approximately one year. The position is eligible for the benefits described on the
Integrated Statistics website. The position may begin with a period of remote work, to accommodate
pandemic restrictions, but the Environmental Specialist will work
on-site after that.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Biology, Environmental Science, or a closely related field.
knowledge of the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act,
Endangered Species Act, and other applicable statutes and policies.
- Work experience in the review and development of environmental impact statements or similar reviews of the impact of actions on the marine environment.
- Experience assessing the impacts of Federal, state. or private actions on marine species, including whales, sea turtles, fish, and their habitats and preparing written reports on those impacts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, and to meet appropriate project milestones.
Integrated Statistics is an equal
opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or
applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national
origin, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran
status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Consistent with its obligations under federal law, Integrated
Statistics is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and
advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals,
special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other
eligible veterans. For assistance with accessibility of applications,
posters, forms, and/or documents, please email the Integrated Statistics